Damon and Greengrass' Iraq war film was a big disappointment for me. You don't get to know a single character and the plot has no suspense since you already know how the whole WMD situation ends.
- Deleted Scenes
- Matt Damon: Ready for Action
- Inside the Green Zone
The Last Station
I really enjoyed this indie about Leo Tolstoy's final days. James McAvoy is great in a role very similar to his in The Last King of Scotland.
- Deleted Scenes
She's Out of My League
Looks decent and Apatow-regular Jay Baruchel always delivers.
- Deleted Scenes
- Blooper Reel
- Devon's Dating Show!
Hung: The Complete First Season
I am a big fan of lead Thomas Jane and Alexendar Payne (Sideways, Election), who produces and directed the pilot, so I will have to check this out.
- Three audio commentaries by series creators-executive producers Colette Burson and Dimitry Lipkin and writer Brett C. Leonard
- About Hung: Behind-the-scenes look at the making of Hung featuring interviews with cast and crew
- The Women of Hung: Explores the complex relationships between Ray Drecker and the women in his life
- Ray and Tanya's personal ads
Entourage: The Complete Sixth Season
HBO's Hollywood hipster show makes it Blu-ray debut. I heard this season was lackluster so maybe a rental is the way to go.
- Three audio commentaries by creator-executive producer Doug Ellin, executive producer Ally Musika, Jeremy Piven, Kevin Connolly, Kevin Dillon, Jerry Ferrara, Adrian Grenier, and Bob Saget
- "Life at the Top": An exclusive look at the making of season 6 featuring interviews with the cast and crew
- "A Day at the Speedway": Behind the scenes with the Entourage cast and crew as they race Ferraris at the Auto Club Speedway
- ONEXONE PSA (directed by Matt Damon)
Red Desert (Criterion Collection)
Antonioni's 1964 abstract classic gets the Criterion treatment.
- Commentary - an audio commentary with Italian film scholar David Forgacs
- Michelangelo Antonioni - a thirteen-minute interview with the Italian director, which was conducted as part of the French television series Les ecrans de la ville / Showing Around Town
- Monica Vitti - a ten-minute interview from the French television series Cinema cinemas, in which the Italian actress discusses her relationship with Michelangelo Antonioni as well as her approach to acting
- Dailies - a selection of uncut and unfinished dailies from Red Desert, showing the precision of Antonioni's framing and direction of actors
- Gente del Po - People of the Valley is a short film by Michelangelo Antonioni about the relationship between individuals and their environment
- N.U. - a 12-minute film, shot in 1948, documenting the lives of street cleaners in Rome
- Booklet - a 42-page illustrated booklet containing Mark Le Fanu's essay "In This World" (the author teaches at Aarhus University in Denmark, and publishes in Sight & Sound and Positif), an interview with Michelangelo Antonioni conducted by Jean-Luc Godard for the November 1964 issue of Cahiers du cinema, and notes on "Gente del po" and "N.U." by Michelangelo Antonioni
This acclaimed Iranian film tells the true story of a poor Iranian man, Ali Sabzian, who was arrested during the late 80's for impersonating famous director Mohsen Makhmalbaf. Sabzian managed to convince the members of a middle-class family from Tehran that he was getting ready to shoot a new film for which their home was the perfect location. He then proceeded to borrow money from the family, which he needed to cover some personal expenses. Sounds interesting, will have to check it out.
- Commentary - an audio commentary, recorded exclusively for Criterion in 2009, with Iranian filmmaker Mehrnaz Saeed-Vafa and American film critic Jonathan Rosenbaum
- The Traveler - this film, which the main protagonist in Close-up refers to, was made by Abbas Kiarostami in 1974, and tells the story of a young soccer fan who goes on a unusual trip to see his favorite team
- "Close-up" Long Shot - a fascinating film about the principal character in Close-up, Hossein Sabzian
- Abbas Kiarostami - an exclusive video interview, shot in Marrakech, with Abbas Kiarostami. Here the director discusses Close-up and the impact the film had on his evolution as filmmaker
- A Walk with Kiarostami - a documentary, shot over the course of two days in 2001, in Galway, Ireland, where Abbas Kiarostami presented a masterclass as part of the annual Galway Film Fleadh
- Booklet - a 16-page illustrated booklet containing Godfrey Cheshire's essay "Prison and Escape"
Death Race 2000 Blu-ray
Watch Frankenstein mow down pedestrians in amazing high definition!
- Playing the Game: Looking Back at 'Death Race 2000'
- Leonard Maltin Interviews Roger Corman
- Designing Dystopia! - Detailed Look at the Film's Art Direction and Car Designs
- Ready to Wear: Interview With Costume Designer Jane Ruhm
- David on Death Race: Interview With David Carradine
- Start Your Engines: Interview With Author IB Melchior
- Killer Score: Interview With Composer Paul Chihara
- Poster and Still Gallery
- Death Race 2000 trailer with commentary by John Landis Courtesy of Trailersfromhell.com
- Radio Spots