Hot Tub Time Machine
Best title ever? I can't wait to check out Steve Pink's ode to the 80's. Great cast including Crispin Glover!
- Deleted Scenes
- Production: Acting Like Idiots
- Chevy Chase: The Nicest Guy in Hollywood
- Totally Radical Outfits: Dayna Pink
- Crispin Glover: One Armed Bellhop
Missed it but have heard good things about this Romero remake and I dig Olyphant.
- The Romero Template Featurette
- Paranormal Pandemics
- Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
- Rob Hall Makeup Featurette
- Still Gallery
The White Ribbon
This Oscar-nominated German WW1 film by Michael Haneke (Funny Games) is supposed to be amazing.
- Making of The White Ribbon
- My Life
- Cannes Film Festival Premiere
Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage
The history of the legendary Canadian rock trio. Get ready to air drum!
- Deleted Scenes
- Live Performances
When You're Strange
Another rock doc, this one on The Doors. It features unreleased footage and narration by Johnny Depp.
Indie thriller starring Thomas Haden Church, who I've always liked.
- Deleted Scenes
Predator (Ultimate Hunter Edition)
Thanks to the new movie, we get a decent special edition to replace the previous bare bones Blu-ray.
- Commentary by Director John McTiernan
- Text Commentary by Film Journalist/Historian Eric Lichtenfeld
- Predator: Evolution of a Species: Hunters of Extreme Perfection
- If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It: The Making of Predator
- Inside the Predator
- Special Effects
- Short Takes
- Deleted Scenes and Outtakes
- Predators: Sneak Peak
The Leopard (Criterion Collection)
Visconti's 1963 epic gets the Criterion treatment.
- Commentary by film scholar Peter Cowie
- The American Version - the American version of The Leopard premiered in New York City on July 15, 1963, just under four months after the film's Italian release. Cut from 185 to 161 minutes, the American version version features an English-language track soundtrack, with star Burt Lancaster and supporting players Leslie French (Cavaliere Chevelley) providing their own voices.
- A Dying Breed: The Making of The Leopard - a collection of interviews with some of the principal actors in the film, crew members, Giuseppe di Lampedusa, author of The Leopard, Sydney Pollack, and others, who talk about the rich history of the film, Visconti as a filmmaker, the era he belonged to, how Italian cinema evolved after Visconti passed away
- Goffredo Lombardi interview - in this interview producer Goffredo Lombardo, whose Titanus Films was bankrupted by Visconti, recalls his involvement with the famous director
- The History of the Risorgimento - in this video interview, Italian culture scholar Millicent Marcus discusses the Giuseppe Garibaldi, Camillo Benso di Cavour, and Giuseppe Mazzini's placement in the annals of Italian history
- Promotional materials - posters, Italian newsreels, Italian trailer, and two American trailers for the film.
- Stills gallery
- Booklet - a 16-page illustrated booklet containing Michael Wood's essay "Remembrance of the Things Past"
Everlasting Moments (Criterion Collection)
Swedish film that tells the true story of Maria Larsson, though poor and abused by her alcoholic husband, she finds an outlet in photography, which opens up her world for the first time. If Criterion puts it out it's a must see.
- Jan Troell's Magic Mirror, an hour-long documentary about Troell's life and career
- Short documentary on the making of Everlasting Moments, featuring interviews with Troell, cast, and crew
- Documentary featuring photographs by the real Maria Larsson, accompanied by narration telling her story
- A booklet featuring an essay by critic Armond White