I missed Kevin Smith's homage to the buddy cop genre and can't wait to pick this up. His movies always have great extras as well.
- "Maximum Comedy Mode" - Picture-in-Picture walk-ons, stretches of audio and video commentary, more than an hour of deleted scenes and outtakes, additional behind-the-scenes footage, wisdom from the Shit Bandit, pop-up production factoids, storyboards, etc.
- Focus Point featurettes:
- A Couple of Dicks
- The New Buddy Cop Duo
- Kevin Pollak - Man of a Thousand Voices and Interests
- Improvising - Now That's Funny
- Poh Boy's Diamond Vault
- Stunts-Brooklyn Style
- Tracy Morgan Speaks Spanglish
- Dave's Calling Car
- Kevin Smith Directs
- The individual Shit Bandit wisdom shorts
Got mixed reviews but as a fan of the comic I wanna check it out.
- Zoe and The Losers
- Band of Buddies: Ops Training
- Action-Style Storytelling
- Alternate Ending
- First Look - Batman: Under the Red Hood
Have heard good things about this Joan Jett biopic.
- Plugged In: Making the Film
The latest from Korean filmmaker Bong Joon-ho (The Host) is a psychological thriller that's supposed to be amazing.
- Making of Mother
- The Music
- Cast interviews
- Cinematographer interview
- Production design
- A look at actress Hye-ja Kim
- Behind the scenes
The Red Shoes (Criterion Collection)
Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger's 1948 classic gets the Criterion treatment. It is currently available on Netflix watch instantly as well.
- Commentary - an audio commentary by film historian Ian Christie featuring stars Marius Goring and Moira Shearer, cinematographer Jack Cardiff, composer Brian Easdale, and Martin Scorsese
- The Red Shoes Novel - an audio recording, made exclusively for Criterion in 1994. Here, actor Jeremy Irons reads excerpts from Powell and Pressburger's 1978 novelization of The Red Shoes
- Restoration demonstration - a short program, hosted by director Martin Scorsese, founder and chair of Film Foundation, offering a fascinating look at the restoration treatment The Red Shoes received
- Profile of The Red Shoes - a documentary on the making of The Red Shoes, produced in London in 2000. The program features interviews with film historian Ian Christie, cinematographer Jack Cardiff, camera operator Chris Challis, and family members of the film's original production team
- Thelma Schoonmaker Powell - Michael Powell's widow and close friend of Martin Scorsese talks about The Red Shoes and why it was important that the film was restored
- Stills gallery
- Scorsese's Memorabilia - a collection, containing the red ballet slippers worn by Moira Shearer in the film; Emeric Pressburger's personal copy of the The Red Shoes script; annotated technical design storyboards for the key ballet sequence; etc.
- The Red Shoes sketches - this animated film, constructed from production designer Hein Heckroth's original color storyboards and set to Brian Easdale's score, was used as the blueprint for the Red Shoes ballet in the film. The film can be viewed with the Jeremy Irons reading of Hans Christian Andersen's "The Red Shoes", and side by side with the actual film. A short text introduction is included as well
- Booklet - a 24-page illustrated booklet containing David Ehrenstein's essay "Dancing For Your Life"
Black Narcissus (Criterion Collection)
Another Powell/Pressburger must see from the folks at Criterion.
- Commentary - this audio commentary, recorded exclusively for Criterion in 1988, features director and co-producer Michael Powell and his longtime friend and admirer Martin Scorsese
- Bertrand Tavernier - a short introduction to the film by French director Bertrand Tavernier
- The Audacious Adventurer - in this video interview, recorded in 2006, Bertrand Tavernier talks about his friendship with Michael Powell
- Profile of "Black Narcissus" - a documentary on the making of Black Narcissus, produced in London in 2000, featuring interviews with members of the production team, including actress Kathleen Byron and cinematographer Jack Cardiff
- Painting with Light - a documentary about cinematographer Jack Cardiff and the production history of Black Narcissus, made for Criterion in 2000 by London-based filmmaker Craig McCall
- Booklet - a 22-page illustrated booklet containing renowned critic Kent Jones' essay "Empire of the Senses"
Galaxy of Terror Blu-ray
Roger Corman's B-movie makes its high-def debut.
- Pop-Up Trivia Track
- Tales From the Lumber Yard: The Making of 'Galaxy of Terror'
- Photo Galleries
- 12-page, full-color booklet that features the essay "Marooned on the Planet of Horrors" and reversible cover art
Forbidden World Blu-ray
Make it a double feature!
- The Making of 'Forbidden World'
- Interview With Roger Corman
- Interview With Special Makeup FX Artist: John Carl Beuchler
- The Skotek Gallery
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Disc two DVD that contains an alternate cut of Forbidden World (entitled Mutant) and an audio commentary track with Director Allan Holzman moderated by Nathaniel Thompson
- 12-page booklet that contains photos and the essay "How to Make an Alien in 20 Days" as well as reversible cover art