Will the former Full House buddies ever reunite for a movie, specifically an indie film? I want an edgy kind of romance where things get bittersweet... something along the lines of Blue Valentine or Once. I guess you can consider this part 2 of the Untitled Tahj Mowry Project that I wrote last year.
Who should direct it? Style and tone are key. Here are some candidates:
- Patrick Coyle (Into Temptation) - His last film dug into the underworld of prostitution and struck a provocative balance between despair and redemption.
- Darragh Byrne (Parked) - Parked showcased Byrne's skill for directing quiet moments with depth and beautiful cinematography.
- Neil Armfield (Candy) - If you've seen Candy you understand how captivating a whirlwind romance can be.
- Dana Adam Shapiro (Monogamy) - His documentary background is a great asset and he knows how to film a big city artfully.
- Matthew Porterfield (Putty Hill) - Porterfield lingers with his characters in a very raw and natural flow.
- Ty Hodges (Video Girl) - Black cinema needs filmmakers like Hodges to further emerge. He could bring out offbeat performances from Smollett and Mowry.
Remember the way they were?
|Flashback: Overalls & tie-dye.|